Hong Kong 2018!

Hello fellow travelers!
A lot of people have been asking about my recent trip to Hong Kong!  I'll give you the 5 "Ws" to get everyone up to speed.
Who: Abe Kislevitz, Emilio, and myself
What: Lot's of adventure happened including the Rugby Sevens tournament!
When: April 2nd - April 9th 2018
Where: Hong Kong and the surrounding areas
Why: Abe was invited to be an Alaska Airlines #WorldWideWanderer who partnered with Cathay Pacific to travel to Hong Kong and capture an epic week of content to share on their respective pages. He needed a travel buddy and reached out to me to join him. We left two weeks later with a loose itinerary on places and things we wanted to see! And boy how did things pan out so nicely!

Travel Day:
Stretching Out in Business Class!
Having Cathay Pacific and Alaska Airlines on your side when planning a trip made travel just delightful. I met Abe at LAX at the departures level. He was coming fresh from Cabo and I from SFO. Cathay got us very dialed with Business Class seats direct to Hong Kong. We checked in and went immediately to the lounge to check it out. I got in very easily while Abe had a little hiccup at the door. I grabbed some quick yellow thai curry chicken and water so I wouldn't be hungry for the flight. It was a great way to start the journey! After telling Abe how delicious my food was we skated to the gate (Abe brought two Penny skateboards to get around) as it was almost midnight and the terminal was empty. We checked onto the plane and settled into our spacious surroundings which we would call home for the next 16 hours! Oh how I misjudged needing to eat before this flight! Cathay Pacific spoiled us with an endless supply of treats and meals! They even had what would become my favorite Hong Kong brewed milk tea. I think I had 4 or 5 of them during the flight. During the flight we made friends with the Cathay Pacific flight attendants who were some of the nicest people of our trip. Charlie gave us tips on places to visit and places to eat (two of the places ended up being our favorites). Jacqueline was also the kindest flight attendant to date! She kept the Hong Kong milk tea flowing so I was the happiest of travelers! We had to get a photo with this crew so we went to the back and got a very rad 360 degree photo with them. After 16 hours of watching movies, sleeping, and playing with the new GoPro Fusion we had arrived in Hong Kong at 6am the following day.
The Cathay Pacific Crew!
We got settled into our AirBnB in Mong Kong. Holy smokes we picked the least touristy area of Hong Kong to stay! It was all part of the plan to get a true and authentic look at Hong Kong. We were 27 stories up and many of the buildings around us were another magnitude larger. Here is a photo at night of me sitting on the edge of our balcony on the 27th floor.
27th Floor Living!
We are going to go get involved with the organized chaos below us and I'll report back!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Grid: Nicaragua

Hostile Waters! El Salvador

Mong Kok and Beyond!