Melbourne Madness and Sydney Shenanigans!

Heaps Sightseeing
The weather in Melbourne is ADD right now so we decided to do the Great Ocean Road last minute. While Chris was in class, Brad and I booked it over to the car hire and picked up a sweet Broyota Brorolla. With no directions or idea of what we’re getting into we head to campus to pick up Christopher. The roads of Melbourne are HECTIC! You are sharing the road with trams, trains, trolleys, busses, bikers, trucks and cars. I only managed to get honked at a few times leaving the city with trusty co-pilot Brad. Chris just slept the whole time… surprising! The first stop of our journey was Torquay, the home of Quicksilver. Then we scooted over to Bells Beach.  After we realized how far we needed to go to get to the really cool sites we started rambling our hotrod. We cut expected travel times in half and made it to the 12 Apostles by midday. What a site to see! We hiked down to the beach and hung out for a while. We also explored a cemetery of those lost in a famous boat wreck right offshore in the 1800s. I hopped the fence barrier and hiked out to the point of one of the cliffs and got some cool photos. I also got some frowns from other spectators.

The 12 Apostles
After raging a few more nights in Melbourne it was time to get ready for Sydney. We had a 6am flight and we somehow managed to make it to our flight. In the fray of things I left my most prized possession in Chris’s cupboard… MY TAPATIO!!!! Chris is now double stoked on Brad’s gifts. We landed early and met our new host Brye. She worked at Redbull and Pat put us in contact with her. She lives only 15 minutes walking to downtown Sydney. We didn’t waste any time and walked to downtown. The famous Sydney Opera House was indeed grand. We hopped on a ferry and went to Manly Beach. We were really surprised when the ferry started rocking really hard side to side. Chris and I had a twin moment and looked up at each other thinking the same thing “SURFS UP”! We didn’t expect it all thus we weren’t equipped for the situation. We went to a couple surf shops where I bought a SUHHWEEET new board. I’m thinking I’ll name her TimTam. Chris bought a boogie board so he could get involved (only two months from knee surgery and he’s already a gazelle) and Brad rented. The surf was FIRING! The next two days we put site seeing aside to surf. I didn’t get to see too much of Sydney but the surf was great.

Sydney Opera House
Chris at home!
For my last night in Sydney  we signed up for a pub crawl with a bunch of people we met on the beach. One of them randomly being Kyle D’s previous girlfriend (Hope) who we’ve never met before this weekend. Small world! Chris and Brad aren’t leaving until Tuesday while I was supposed to leave early Sunday. Let’s just say that pub crawls and 6am flights don’t mix. My phone died thus no alarm and I woke up at 545 to Chris laughing at me. I frantically got on my computer to look at my options. All flights to the Gold Coast and Brisbane were either insanely expensive or sold out. I was able to book a flight to the Sunshine Coast which is 6 hours north of where I live.

More Sites!
Right now I’m writing this on the train from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane. It’s been a looonnnggg day! I’ve already taken two trains, three busses, and a flight today. I still have another train and bus to catch before I call it quits at home in Surfers. After I’m done with class this week, Chris and Brad fly out to visit me, pumped! I finally have my own board so I’ll be mounting the GoBro on it. I’m going to put my editing skills to work and see if I can make a cool little video. Until then, stay classy! 


Stone Child with Ipad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Grid: Nicaragua

Hostile Waters! El Salvador

Mong Kok and Beyond!