Shoeless… Homeless and Lovin’ Life




Downtown Surfer's Paradise
Dingos!
Crazy crazy week! I’ve been living at a hostel downtown Brisbane. It’s huge with its own pub called the “Down Under”. Every night they throw a themed party with free drinks to people staying at the hostel. I’ve been so busy, the housing hunt has been slow but things are looking up! I’m supposed to sign tomorrow for a place close to campus. I skated from campus the house the other day to check it out and to my surprise the place has a pool and a big veranda with 4 couches and a semi-permanent beer-pong table! The room also has its own bathroom and the other 3 roomies are Aussies who are also going to the uni.
Good Vibrations
Three days ago we went to the Brisbane zoo to kick it with kangs and koalas. The zoos here are way different than back home. There was a huge open field with about 50 kangaroos and the only rule was “don’t touch the joeys” (joey=baby kang still in the mothers pouch). After hanging out in the kang sanctuary we went to the koala zone. I got to hold a cute little bugger named “Pepsi” who kept trying to jump off of me. After the zoo we got ready for another night at the local pub called the Royal Exchange. It’s the most popular bar next to campus and has live music every night.
This weekend we made a trip to the Gold Coast for the Good Vibrations music festival. Good Vibes totally exceeded my expectations. We saw Phoenix, Miike Snow, Rusko, Bag Raiders, and Mike Posner. That night we stayed at a sweet hostel called Trekkers that had a pool and was right next to Surfer’s Paradise! We spent the next day at the beach and I don’t think anyone escaped sunburn-free. I plan on spending a lot of time in Surfer’s Paradise (it’s only an hour train ride away). We got back with time to go the RE (Royal Exchange). My sandals decided to break last night so all day I’ve been shoeless. Today was the first day of orientation for exchange students (3000 people from 130 countries). It has been really fun meeting people from all over the world. Tonight the school is sponsoring a party at the campus bar called the Red Room for the exchange students. Before I go I need to go to the shops and get some sandals! Peace!

Comments

  1. So happy for you. Enjoy all the great experiences

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Off the Grid: Nicaragua

Hostile Waters! El Salvador

Mong Kok and Beyond!